- 1 cup cauliflower
- 1/2 Cup mozzarella
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp crushed garlic (or 1/2tsp garlic salt)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
*Note: I added 2 Tbs of flax seed diluted in water. This is optional, but I like the texture & find that it helps with binding the crust.
Dairy Free Option:
- Substitute 1 C tapioca flour for mozzarella
- 2 Tbs oil (I used avocado oil)
- water as needed
- Preheat oven to 450F
- *Place cauliflower heads in food processor and pulse until you have a texture similar to rice.
- Place cauliflower rice in microwaveable bowl, cover, and cook for 6-8 minutes
- Combine & stir cauliflower, egg, garlic, oregano, & salt. (Also combine substitutions if using the DF option).
- Fold in mozzarella
- Prepare a round pan with non-stick oil
- Spread a thin, even layer of the mixture
- Bake on 450F 15-20 minutes (Edges will be medium brown)
- Add toppings & cook until cheese is melted. I used:
- Pizza sauce
- Diced onion, pre sautéed
- Goat cheddar cheese (from Trader Joes)
- Precooked Chicken sausage & turkey bacon ( AppleGate Farms)
- *Chopped kale
*Use a bag of frozen cauliflower instead of chopping up an entire head. This saves time & creates less mess.
*Keep an eye on your kale so it does not burn. It cooks a lot faster than everything else.