I'm kicking off my first pumpkin recipe of the season with these simple cinnamon rolls packed with protein powder.
Get your cinna-mon-buns to the kitchen & make these bad boys:
This recipe was rendered from FitnessRx and you can find the original here: Pumpkin Protein Rolls
Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
Yields 4 Rolls
For the Batter:
- 1/4th can of pure pumpkin pure.
- 1 1/2 scoops of vanilla protein powder. Or, if you have a cinnamon flavored protein powder.
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour*
- 1/3 c. egg whites
- ½ tsp baking powder
- *Other types of flour may be substituted, but I prefer coconut flour
For the Glaze:
- ¼ c. maple syrup
- 2 tsp. smooth almond butter
- Dash of cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a bowl, mix all ingredients for the roll batter.
3. Grease a muffin tin and spoon in the batter.
4. Place in oven and bake close to 10 minutes. Using a knife, loosen the rolls from the pan and flip them over. Continue cooking the rolls for about 3-5 minutes. Be careful not to overcook.
5. Remove from oven, and to cool slightly.
6. Microwave the glaze ingredients for about 15-20 seconds. Or heat over stove top (don't burn it!) Remove and stir well.
7. Dip the top of rolls in the glaze mixture, allow to cool on a rack, and sprinkle with cinnamon.