You will need:
- 1 Cup Tapioca Flour/Starch
- 1/4 Almond flour (substitute coconut flour for nut-free)
- 1/2-1 tsp salt
- 2 Tablespoons flaxseed meal (optional. I like the texture)
- 1/2 Cup olive oil
- 1/4 Cup warm water
- 1 large egg whisked
- Preheat your oven to 350F
- Line a baking sheet with greased parchment paper (or grease a muffin tin like I did)
- Combine dry ingredients first: Tapioca, almond flour, & salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients: whisk the egg, pour in oil, and slowly add the warm water. About a tablespoons at a time. We don't want the mixture becoming too thin.
- If the mixture is too thin, add in almond flour and or flaxseed meal slowly. Combine until the mixture is not watery but doughy enough.
- When using almond flour, the dough did not reach a consistency that was sticky enough to roll out onto balls. So I placed the batter into muffin tins
- If the batter is doughy, roll out small 1 inch balls onto a parchment sheet.
- Place in the oven, Set the timer for 30 minutes. (No longer than 35 minutes).
You will have perfectly crispy, flakiness on the outside and chewy goodness on the inside! YUM!